"I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through right now"

This is something that I hear constantly from clients who have relatives that didn’t have their affairs in order. Let’s take a prime example for which I get regular inquiries: a daughter, son, or some family member calls and wants to know what can be done for a relative who has severe dementia and is incapacitated… am I able to draft a power of attorney in order to take over the relative’s affairs? The answer, unfortunately, is a resounding “no.” Once the person is incapacitated, a lawyer’s hands are tied. The only alternative is a guardianship, which is costly. When a family member file for this, a guardian is appointed, and the court requires that the guardian have an attorney for the enti

Recent Posts
Search By Tags


CALL US (954) 951-7274

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • LinkedIn Clean